MP pledge for environmental rights
Help secure environmental rights for everyone in Canada!
MP pledge supporters
Julie Dabrusin, Toronto–Danforth (Liberal Party of Canada)
Elizabeth May, Saanich–Gulf Islands (Green Party of Canada)
Joël Godin, Portneuf–Jacques-Cartier (Conservative Party of Canada)
John Aldag, Cloverdale–Langley City (Liberal Party of Canada)
Joyce Murray, Vancouver Quadra (Liberal Party of Canada)
Murray Rankin, Victoria (NDP)
Peter Schiefke, Vaudreuil-Soulanges (Liberal Party of Canada)
MP Pledge for environmental rights
Does your member of parliament recognize your legal right to a healthy environment? Check out the growing list of MP supporters and help us secure a pledge from MPs and candidates in your riding!
In the lead up to the October 2019 federal election, we have a unique opportunity to make environmental rights a campaign issue and find out which politicians support your legal right to a healthy environment.
That’s why, over the next year we’re asking MPs and federal candidates to demonstrate their support for environmental rights by signing the MP pledge for environmental rights.
Since launching on October 20, 2018, we’ve already received 35 signatures, including all major parties, and the list continues to grow!
Will you join us?
One way you can help right now is to email your MP and ask them to sign the MP Pledge:
We also need volunteers to organize local efforts in every riding. Over the past four years, Blue Dot volunteers have managed to get environmental rights declarations passed in 172 municipalities representing nearly half of Canada’s population, so we have every reason to believe we can do this!
Will you join with others in your local area to ensure that your representative commits to supporting the right to a healthy environment?
Sign up here to join a team of volunteers where you live.
Who has signed?
List current as of December 10, 2018 (updated weekly). Note that taking part in the MP Pledge does not indicate endorsement of the MP/candidate by Blue Dot or the David Suzuki Foundation.
MPs signed on so far include:
- Vancouver Quadra: Joyce Murray (Liberal Party of Canada)
- Cloverdale–Langley City: John Aldag (Liberal Party of Canada)
- Saanich–Gulf Islands: Elizabeth May (Green Party of Canada)
- West Vancouver–Sunshine Coast–Sea to Sky Country: Pamela Goldsmith-Jones (Liberal Party of Canada)
- North Island–Powell River: Rachel Blaney (NDP)
- Port Moody–Coquitlam: Fin Donnelly (NDP)
- New Westminster–Burnaby: Peter Julian (NDP)
- Kootenay – Columbia: Wayne Stetski (Liberal Party of Canada)
- Burnaby – North Seymour: Terry Beech (Liberal Party of Canada)
- Skeena—Bulkley Valley: Nathan Cullen (NDP)
- Victoria: Murray Rankin (NDP)
- Edmonton–Strathcona: Linda Duncan (NDP)
- Saskatoon West: Sheri Benson (NDP)
- Beaches–East York: Nathaniel Erskine-Smith (Liberal Party of Canada)
- Toronto–Danforth: Julie Dabrusin (Liberal Party of Canada)
- King–Vaughan: Deb Schulte (Liberal Party of Canada)
- Hastings–Lennox and Addington: MIke Bossio (Liberal Party of Canada)
- Kingston and the Islands: Mark Gerretsen (Liberal Party of Canada)
- Scarborough Centre: Salma Zahid (Liberal Party of Canada)
- Davenport: Julie Dzerowicz (Liberal Party of Canada)
- Oakville North—Burlington: Pam Damoff (Liberal Party of Canada)
- Jonquière: Karine Trudel (NDP)
- La Pointe-de-l’Île: Mario Beaulieu (Bloc Québécois)
- Laurier–Sainte-Marie: Hélène Laverdiere (NDP)
- Montcalm: Luc Thériault (Bloc Québécois)
- Pontiac: Will Amos (Liberal Party of Canada)
- Portneuf–Jacques-Cartier: Joël Godin (Conservative Party of Canada)
- Repentigny: Monique Pauzé (Bloc Québécois)
- Rivière-du-Nord: Rhéal Éloi Fortin (Bloc Québécois)
- Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie: Alexandre Boulerice (NDP)
- Salaberry—Suroît: Anne Minh-Thu Quach (NDP)
- Vaudreuil-Soulanges: Peter Schiefke (Liberal Party of Canada)
- Joliette: Gabriel Ste-Marie (Bloc Québécois)
- Dartmouth–Cole Harbour: Darren Fisher (Liberal Party of Canada)